touchdown


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
May 11th 2010
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so we are finally here in prague. the flight on british airways was amazing.. good wine with an amazing meal, with coffee afterwards, drinks with option for alcohol before and after, and about an hour before we left, a box with a danish and orange juice, amazing.

of course our bodies turned to rock being so cramped but after we touched down in prague, a bit of walking for the subway and tram worked wonders.

we were completely lost at prague airport, it looked like the remnants of soviet era planning in that airport and so nothing was displayed properly, we wandered around a bit looking for the atm machines and where to get on the bus, but finally was directed toward everything by people working there who spoke just enough english.
of course we found the buses but grizz had to decipher the workings, and once the right bus was discovered, about 20 minutes later, we had to go back into the airport to buy the proper ticket before getting on the bus. ah well....prices are awesome so no worries.

grizz got the hang of the bus instantly and we found ourselves at the hostle boathouse. man awesome place, this place is so clean i can eat off the floor of the showers, when we first got in..after climbing all those stairs, the lady handed us a beer....man service!
and danged if she didnt serve us a big old dinner too! so much for us on this tight budget..(its coming ..so were thankful for extra food now) anyway..thats about it..fighting jet lag..its 8pm here now..and we have already slept a bit...just exhausted! which of course means we will be up at 4 am ready to explore the town tomorrow!

for now...resting..and this hostle is away from the old city by about 20 minutes...by the river surrounded by trees and bike and walking paths beside the golf courses...its beautiful and tranquil..time for another walk...gotta stay up a bit..at least try!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th May 2010

I enjoyed your post and can't wait to hear more about Prague! I haven't been there yet but I hear it's a fantastic city! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews (like of your Hostel Boathouse, which sounds great! ;) , etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email us dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)

Tot: 1.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.7592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb