Glory In the Sky


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Jenerálka
August 15th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday evening we walked up the Sarka Valley, that valley with such steep sides and cliffs facing it and paths running up the hills that you feel like you are walking in the mountains, that lies within the Prague city limits. It is almost like a wilderness. Hiking the valley is one of our favorite activities whenever we are here. There had been a lot of rain but the trail was not as muddy as we anticipated. Knowing there is one section that can very muddy we walked only to the foot bridge that is about 1 1/2 miles from IBTS and just before the wettest portion of the trail. Mushrooms and toad stools were growing in profusion. Call us cowards if you want, but we never want to take the chance of touching the European version of America's Death Angel so we walked by without picking any up.

The sun was below the ridge of the valley when we turned to retrace our steps to IBTS. As we emerged from the woods the glory of the sky and clouds opened before us. I grabbed my camera as soon as we got to our room and retraced my steps

for a good view of the clouds. We hope you enjoy the photos.

Those same clouds and MANY that followed on in the next hours produced one of the wildest thunder and lightning storms we have ever seen. The light show woke us up over and over during the night. This continues the summer problem of too much rain here in Eastern Europe where there has been extensive flooding for around a month.

Hope you enjoy the lovely clouds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



18th August 2010

Thanks for your beautiful updates
Nice to hear your reports. All of your friends here in class appreciate reading your blogand viewing your beautiful pictures.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb