from home of Pilsen/lager – 8 June


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Plzen Region » Plzen
June 8th 2011
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

a beer for mea beer for mea beer for me

or arrival w. cured ham
this may well be the shortest blog (by me) in history. Got bus from Karlovy Vary to Plzn/Pilsen as said before – this took about less than 2 hrs. Hotel close to bus station – and had one of those open faced sandwiches for about 90cents at the station – such good value/idea. The town of Plzn proved to be rather boring – and I thought the characters wandering the streets often seemed a little ‘chancy’ so you had to keep an eye out. Scoped out where the station was – along Amerika avenue – Gen. Patton and the Yanks liberated this place at end of WW2 so I guess that is why – there is a Patton memorial here somewhere. Otherwise not much to report. Had a cheap dinner – no cards ttaken so used my last 200kr cash – a cash machine around the corner supplied more. Took a lucky dip on a Czech white wine – it was not as bad as retsina so must have been OK! The Great Synagogue just around the corner more or less proved to be closed on both 8 and 9 June – it is the 3rd largest in the world after one in Israel and Budapest – so a snap of outside will have to do. Due to lack of interest pix mostly then is your lot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Church of St BatholomewChurch of St Batholomew
Church of St Batholomew

with free gold water sculpture
Great SynagogueGreat Synagogue
Great Synagogue

but closed


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb