Dubrovnik to Trogir


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
June 21st 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 21 June 2010
Km so far: 2612

The promised showers materialised today. Checked out of the hotel and had a quick last minute dash around Dubrovnik Old Town for a cappuccino before heading north for Trogir.

Stayed on the coast road rather than taking motorway, rewarded with stunning scenery of cliffs, seaside villages and the archipelago that runs along most of the Dalmatian coast. Stopped for lunch in the small resort of Gradac, reputed to have one of the best beaches on this part of the coast. Nice enough place, fantastic calm clear blue sea and decent and inexpensive beach cafes, but looking a bit run down and the architecture of the communist era very much in evidence.

Arrived in Trogir early evening and had a wander around the old Venetian town, which really surpasses the other places we’ve been, especially when the church bells chime and it is easy to imagine that you are back in the 15th century. Managed to find the pizza place in which I celebrated my 40th birthday back in 1999. Weather remains showery but we managed to eat outside without getting at all wet. Howling gales through the night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb