Croatia 23/06 - 29/06


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
June 23rd 2018
Published: June 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately, little did we know at this point, our luck had run out again today. We headed off bright and early after making plans of the places we wanted to visit in Montenegro made the drive to the border. This time we weren’t shouted at and threatened with jail time but we were faced with more ignorant pricks. This time our passports were taken off us and we were sent to buy Green cards for car insurance whilst in the country. The cash machine at the border was broken and so we drove 5km to get cash, 5km back, bought the green card and went back to the ignorant prick with our passports. He then shouted at us that we shouldn’t have bought the green card, fantastic, we tried to find out what we should have done but he spoke next to no English and instead closed the door on us. All was going downhill fast and so we tried to speak with his colleague. He was either dumb and mute or just dumb but he was less help than the first guy and long story short we were refused entry to Montenegro. After being tossed back into Croatia we looked online to find that we needed the V5C log book to prove we hadn’t stolen the vehicle, pretty petty as they could have looked all this up online. Even more annoyingly the log book was at Chars and no one would be available to post the log book until Tuesday. It was now only Saturday and we were stuck in a tiny section of Croatia for at least a week. Absolutely fuming we went in search of a camp site and found a friendly little one called Camp Peca.

Not all is lost, we thought, still in Croatia, can’t be down, we can just sunbathe on the beach all week. Well, that worked amazingly the first two days and the little beach was really beautiful. We sunbathed, swam, painted, played the uke, read our books, it wasn’t so bad. But then the weather left and the forecast for the next 5 days was overcast and showers and at this point, the log book still hadn’t been posted!



We tried to keep busy over the next days going out on walks, reading and watching almost every game of the World Cup! Overall it’s safe to say we were pretty bored. There was one very fantastic discovery though, in the tiny village of Orsac where we randomly decided to stay there is THE most amazing restaurant ever, Savonari! It’s a push for our budget but we needed cheering up so went twice! They are a family run home restaurant in a beautiful spot up on the hill. They have views of the whole bay, islands and in the distance you can see Dubrovnik. The food was unbelievable. The first time we had a meat platter and a pasta dish to share. I’m talking, lamb koftas, chicken, sausages, pork, the works all cooked to perfection and tasting amazing served with fried potatoes. The pasta, home made, creamy and delicious. We knocked back a litre of their Uncles red wine and even squeezed in deserts! The second time we tried the octopus salad and got a ham and cheese board to share, this time opted for a litre of their uncles white wine, also fantastic.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb