Split and the Palace


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Trogir
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have had a very lazy week in Sucuraj with lots of beach and get together with family and long lunches and diving off the harbour wall (we saw some local kids doing this) and fishing and usual holiday stuff!
Spent state-of-origin (it was midday here) basking in the sun on the said harbour wall and waiting with baited breath for regular text updates on the score from Mich! Our deal was that when either team scored we all(except Nan) had to dive off the wall in to the azure Mediterranean (did you like the 'azure' bit?). After a quick 2 plunges it was a long wait till our next and they were sad dives as our beloved Maroons crashed to defeat. We had to saunter over to Bistro Tony in the arvo sun and drown our sorrows with Ozujsko (birra)! Siiiiiiiggghhh!
Today we are in Split checking out the Diocletian Palace. He was an emperor of Rome late 200's AD and built this amazing retirement pad here in Dalmatia - about the size of two buckingham palaces and still largely standing and fully occupied with apartments and shops and restaurants. We met Stepa's Son Stretcko and his wife Jadrinka and son Stepa - such nice people and had an amazing lunch at their restaurant 'Poseidon' which is right in the palace. WOW! It was Jo's birthday lunch - her day is actually tomorrow but we wont get food like that in Sucuraj!
Will get back to you all soon!
The Bodz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb