A snail-slow journey


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
September 14th 2006
Published: September 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Chosen Way


Hey everybody!

In Split right now after a 20 hour train journey from Lyon, passing through Geneva.
Phew.

On our last day at Lyon we walked all over the place being shown around by our new friends Sebastien and Pierre (who couldnt be more french if he tried). There is so much graffitti around and a lot of it is really good actually. Theres this one that spans the whole side of a five story building and shows a busy book shop. Ended up sitting in the park with some beers and playing football and chatting about cultural differences.
That night i ate SNAILS! there ok, coated in garlic so not a lot of taste, followed by duck in a creamy pepper sauce. I tried Alex's frogs legs too.

Left Lyon and the many many people we met and a headed east.

Werent impressed with Zagreb, the hostel was, erm..... well yeah and there wasnt a lot there to see and little socially either. Met one crazy guy, whilst watching the football, who had a tattoo from prison (shot some one for saying something about his mum dying), he wanted to take us to this club. Said he'd changed whilst doing time. EVENTUALLY shook him off us and met some students who informed us of the lack of night life.

Spending a couple of days in an appartment in Split chilling on the beach. Tourists are not popular here. Which is funny when the first thing that happened when we got off the train was a swarm of locals hastling us to stay with them. I almost lost my temper with one lady.
We chose the neatest looking person and staying in one of her places right in the centre. We live by the old style buildings. Really nice.

Our next destination Prague


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb