Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 28th 2017
Published: July 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Docking in Dubrovnik for only twelve hours Ron seemed to be on a mission to see how much we could fit in to the day. He had hatched a plan to take a local bus to Cavtat, all seemed to be well as the bus depot was next to where the ship had docked. The information desk at the bus depot told us a number 10 bus to Cavat would be by in around a few minutes, half an hour later we asked again, we were told it might be here soon. We then saw the number 10 bus zipping past without stopping, when we enquired again at the information desk as to when the next bus might come we were told "no idea".

We moved onto Plan B a taxi ride to Cavtat, we tried two drivers sitting in their cabs, both wouldn't take us, we later found out they were having a snap strike. On to Plan C, we set off on foot to walk to the ferry terminal which was an hour away to try our luck getting to Cavat that way. Half an hour into our walk we stumbled across a Number 10 Bus going to Cavat and quickly jumped on the now overflowing bus. Having to stand a good part of the way to Cavtat was more than made up for with the stunning views along the coast road. When we finally arrived at Cavtat, an hour and a half later than we had planned we found it to be a lovely seaside town with lots of huge mega yachts anchored in the harbour. We enjoyed strolling around the town and walked the coast path before sitting people watching while enjoying a cooling drink.

We had better luck geting a return ferry which only took half an hour to reach Dubrovnik, what a stunning view approaching the walled city from the sea. As it was still hot we decided to take the cable car up the mountain before waking the city walls. The view from the top looking down on the beautiful ancient walled city was stunning. By late afternoon when it cooled down a little we walked the city walls, it took around an hour to walk the whole circuit and the views were amazing. Ron managed to tick off one more item before catching the late shuttle back to the ship, a drink at the famous historic Hotel Imperial, a busy but very enjoyable day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb