Sporting Greats of Australia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, just a very, very short blog to send our congratulations to some sporting greats of Coffs Harbour that we have heard about since we have been away!!!

Firstly Britt Ainsworth has been selected in the NSW Under 16 Basketball Team - Congratulations Britt, exceptional result and we send you our best wishes for a brilliant future.

Jordy Black has been chosen in the Northern N.S.W PSSA Basketball team, well done Jordy, you too seem destined to a great future in a sport you are excelling in.

Last but not least, the brilliant crew of 'Nina' the Beneteau 41 has won the Coffs Harbour Yacht Club 2007-2008 Offshore Series today (Thursday). Skippered brilliantly by Chris Stratton, Nina and her crew held on to win the series for a 2nd year in a row by the narrowest of margins. I just wonder who you got to replace my ballast butt!. Really sorry I couldnt be there guys to share the glory, hope you had a great last race and even better celebration.

Leave Dubrovnik tomorrow, Friday, to catch a bus north to Sukosan, about 8 hours away to get on board the love boat, Paulina!! Will blog before we go if I can.

Advertisement



4th April 2008

Nina and Crew
Good to hear from you Al and I still can't understand why you you head to the cold weather as miss out on all the fun we had in the last couple of races. We led by one point going into the penultimate race and trailed by one point going into the last. Credit has to go to the helmsman...helmsperson....helmswoman... damn.....the sheila that was on the helm for the last race...."TANYA" who also won the best helm thingy on the night. Hurry up and buy that Hanse as I am now out of a job!!!!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb