DAY 58 DUBROVNIK


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 13th 2023
Published: July 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Aerial view of Dubrovnik ... Photo credit: Chensiyuan edited by Bammesk
It was up early to be on deck to catch our entrance into Dubrovnik. It is the best way to enter … beats plane or vehicle, even walking. The sea was blue and calm. The sky was devoid of cloud, totally clear with the sun rising quickly and its rising warmth was clearly being felt. We were in for a hot one. As we sailed closer the channel became very busy with smaller craft, not necessarily small craft but craft smaller than the ferry. The white MSC cruise ship entering behind us was the largest. All the boats making their way past us in both directions were of high quality, a number made of wood, some already filled with clients or heading to pickup clients. The Franjo Tudman Bridge across the Rijeka Dubrovacka with the morning sun rising over it was truly spectacular. A truly very busy sea area. We were smiling.

With our small backpacks firmly fixed to our backs, a small and medium case in tow we disembarked, caught a bus into the old town, found a café next to the wall overlooking the sea and settled for 2 coffees and 2 apricot croissants each. Considering that the

The Adriatic, crossed.
old town had been hit by numerous artillery rounds in the '90's the restoration, under UNESCO protocols, has been remarkable. We knew we couldn’t access our accommodation until about 1pm so settled into people watch and taking turns to wander. We decided that when we walk ‘the wall’ we would do it very early to escape the hordes and the heat. There is a fee of approximately 35 Euro each to walk the 2km wall.

The accommodation met us at 1pm and from then we were set. A short wander to get our bearings … and … sweaty … it was back to the studio apartment for a cold shower, read over maps and information, have 40 winks until evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



With us, an MSC cruise liner slowly approaching port.


The morning light and clarity of landform improves.


Passing by.


The Franjo Tudman Bridge across Rijeka Dubrovacka. Sun is rising.


Captured into the sun.


Angle aided by ferry's approach.



MSC slowly following.


The approach becomes busier.


We live not far from here.


... pretty close to this ...


.... and definitely this ...


Well and truly in the harbour. Our berth is to the left.





From our coffee seat.


From our coffee seat


The water coming from the 4 spouts was freezer cold. People filled their water bottles continually.


13th July 2023

It feels really good.
From here. :)

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb