Dinner to remember


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Biograd na Moru
September 6th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally getting my head around how this blog works.
Had the most superb meal last night here in Biograd at a restaurant called Cadena. It has been an institution here for 30 years and it is easy to see why. Fabulous garden setting under a canopy of grape vines and other vines. Classy furniture and impeccable service. As for the food, well it took us by surprise. Started with a faultless octopus salad - lightly flavored with anchovies, crisp onion - tender tiny pieces of octopus served on a bed of lettuce and drizzled with olive oil. A rich teriyaki and balsamic swirl on the plate was the perfect touch. Main was grilled eye fillet wrapped in proscuito and topped with finely chopped almonds accompanied by half a grilled red capsicum, containing button mushrooms and zucchini. Whole almonds on the plate and the same swirl of teriyaki finished off the taste and appearance. Consensus of opinion was that you would be pushed to find this quality in Perth! A litre of the local red, sparkling water and coffee .... all for under A$100.
Highly recommended for any traveller for a superb night out. Seek it out if you ever come here. Address is Trg Hrvatskih Velikana 4.
Realize for you folks at home this sounds like a restaurant review but seriously guys this was awesome and really needed a write up.
Evening finished off with a chocolate/lemon gelato of course!!!!
Having the boat serviced etc today. It was lifted yesterday and the hull cleaned. Nearly provisioned up and we expect to sail out tomorrow. Sunny 30 today albeit was very windy this morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb