Zagreb


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
July 30th 2013
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Ayden & Domagoj
We made it to Zagreb today! Not before having to make the traditional stop at the Karlovac McDonald's though. Got to the hotel Dubrovnik at about 3. while dad rested, the rest of the crew went out to shop a bit. After that, we meet Domagoj, Lea, Ivana and Franjo for supper at the restaurant at our hotel. The food was Excellent.

After eating we had to head out to Makšimir for the Dinamo Zagreb game. They were playing a team called Sheriff from Moldova in a Champions League qualifier. It was quite an experience. We had to pay 5 x the regular ticket price, found out only half of the stadium was available for seating due to penalties handed down on the club for racist violations, saw 10 times as many SWAT people than I have seen in my life combined, an entire section of fans called the Bad Blue Boys got kicked out, and an 89' goal scored by Dinamo for the victory.

It was quite an experience. For all of you Americans, enjoy the fact that we don't allow smoking in many of our places. Unfortunately, I think I second-hand smoked 2 packs of cigarettes in
imageimageimage

Abbey & I
94 minutes of soccer tonight.

Got back to the hotel at about midnight after getting a tour of all of Domagoj's PRIDE facilities. It is incredible to see how much his business has grown in 7 years when I saw his inventory in 2 basements.

I'm tired...one more day left.Amanda I have to go throw this pair of contacts away. They are smoked. Literally.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Domagoj & a blurry me
imageimage
image

The Bad Boys
imageimage
image

Game action
imageimage
image

Šimunić...the only big name Croat on the pitch
imageimage
image

My family with the game SWAT force. Or at least part of it. The man next to me is Dražen Perkovič whose family is originally from Letinac. Likely a shirt tail relative. We met him in Selce at the beach a few days before.
imageimage
image

SWAT clearing out the Bad Boys section. Crazy.
imageimage
image

Ljubitelji Nogomet


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb