Croatia


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

hey guys, just got back from an awsome trip in Croatia, it was great. Tash the girl we are staying with had it all orgainised it was fun. So we went to the Holi festival on the saturday and threw dye at each other it was so fun, i will uload photos next week, if steve doesnt mind on his comp. Then 3.30am that morning we caught a taxi to Gatwick and caught a plane to croatia which we nearly missed, but didnt. I wore Tash's old wedding dress to the festival so people loved throwing dye at me and i had about 50 proposals that day it was so funny. After the festival we went back to the local pub with all of their friends and had champagne toast to celerate Steve and Tashs baby news which was fun and they were all really welcoming and friendly it was nice. WE got to Dubrovnik and steve showed us this secret awsome bar that hangs off the cliffs just outside the old town it was really cool and we could go swimming and sunbath while having a cider it was nice. Then we got to our boat to drop off our luggage and settle in, we were expecting a partyish boat instead there was not enough people so we got upgraded and joined these older highroller couples, in the end they partyed more than us and payed us out for it, there were a few good laughs. So the boat cruise round the islands were just what we needed i was tired from my trip, brent needed rest from the last two months and tash is pregnant so it all worked out well. The one party night was on the Island of Havar it was crazy we partyed at this bar called hulahula bar on the beach it was cramed but we got in early to we had a whole section to our selves dancing into the night. On one of the more quiet islands vala luka we hired scooters and woke up all the locals woopsy. we stopped to watch the sunset before tea and it was amazing! so pinky red and the biggest sun set ive ever seen! so pretty, unfortunatley our camera didnt justify it but ill never forget it. On the island Korcula we went and watched the traditional dance which sward fighting in it, that they only to on that island in croatia it was interesting kinda dancing kinda fighting, different any way and the swards were cool, they were made of steal and they hit them against each other so hard that sparks were coming off.

After the boat cruise which we did not want to leave such good food!. we stayed in old town Dubrovnik for a night in a very flash apartment as the dollar goes a bit further there, i think it was 7 kuna to 1 pound and the apartment had air conditioning awsome!. then we hired a car (citron)to have a look around the country, we started by going to Montenegro we stayed in a town called sveti stefan (we called it sweety stephan) it was so pretty amazing food and a nice apartment to stay in for cheap. There was a seperate island that we wanted to go on with a bridge from the main land to it, but it was a private island and werent alound we think it was the russian mafia or something. After that we spent a day driving up to Mostar were i went on my bus trip so we ad a look round there we stayed in these nice rooms and the guy had built it from ground up as it got bombed in the recent war, he was a cool dude. then we drove through southern Bosnia to see the war ruins and meet some locals (that werent very friendly but you can understand why they have had a rough life) we cam a accross a big bush fire and thunder and lightening was a lot different from where we had been. Once crossing the boarder again we went up to Split, first we stopped just out side to go to this big national park with beautiful waterfalls that these crazy guys were diving off it was so pretty, fresh water swimming was much nicer than the sea water. Split is like Dubronik it has a walled city as well but a bit smaller so we pulled up the tourist info centre to find a room and got swarmed by these hustlers tryna give us rooms so we had the advantage of haggling them donw at 10pm at night, havent seen anything like it. I guess because its nearly end of season i dunno.

On our last night we thought we would check out the beach cave clubs just to have a look, but we went way to early so it was pretty dead but we danced any way and had a few quiets. Once we got back to the apartment alarms were set for 6.30 although no one heard them so luckily brent woke up at 8.50am and we had to be at the check in at 9.30 so steve ran to the centre to get a taxi and the taxi guy drove like a crazy person to get us there right at the last minute so he got tipped well, haha it was funny hopefully we didnt leave anything behind, ive never packed quick in my life hehe 😊. Now we are back and going to the SW4 festival with 20,000 other people should be fun and its raining, its gona be muddy!. I'll trya nd upload some photos next week when i get a chance.

miss everyone of course from eggie and brent xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb