Jersey... sleepy little island, NOT !!


Advertisement
Jersey's flag
Europe » Channel Islands
October 12th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jersey. Local Beer = Mary Ann... and the home of Bergerac, Jersey Royal potatoes, and our crazy mental family!!!We only had 2 days in Jersey and trust me, I don't think we could have taken any more. Everybody was on top form, looked after us big time and it was a hundred miles an hour right from the word go. No sooner had we landed, Uncle Sam was there to pick us up. 5 minutes later we were at Sam's stables, another 5 minutes later we were hurtling down the winding country lanes of Jersey on the back of 'Eric' the horse at 90 miles an hour.I've added photo's and a video of Kelly at the reigns. She was a bit nervous at first but then she thought she was The Lone Ranger riding Red Rum, shouting Hi-Ho Silver!!! and wouldn't let anyone else have a go! The sun was belting down in Jersey so after the Jockey session we went for a few beers and a breakfast at the beach. That night was a surprise 30th Birthday party for me which I wasn't expecting at all.(Cheers Carly/Deb) Everyone was there, we had a right old pish up and then into town and onto the night clubs. Next morning, and not much sleep later, guess what we did...... yep that's right, back on the bevvie. Again the weather was nice so a few cheeky Corona's and some food with Uncle Bill, Auntie Deb, Carly, and little Bill (aka Uncle Knobhead), then onto Auntie Bev's for a little beer n shmoke sesh, and then everyone to Domingo's Spanish restaurant for top class scran and wine etc etc. That night was another late one, sat up putting the world to rights with Bev, went to bed at 5am and back up at 6am for the lift to the airport!!! (12 hour flight to sleep it off) Oh yeah, and Kelly's brand new super dooper rucksack got ripped to shreds already on the Jersey-Heathrow flight. God knows how they did it but they ripped all the handles off, useless tw@ts. Anyway, Jersey was class, thanks our Jolene for giving up ya bedroom again!!! We owe you one. Next blog should be Vegas baby!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



13th October 2007

LODGERS
You can stay away for a year now, we have got the Polish lodgers in x
13th October 2007

LODGERS
Excellent news. See you in 2012 then !!!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb