amazingness


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so basically i'm having the most amazing time of my life and i never want to leave...

bulgaria has turned us americans into alcoholics and chain smokers, so i don't think i'll be able to elaborate much on our fun times in this blog, lol. but just so you know, we're all totally in love with this place and don't want to leave anytime soon. luckily it hasn't even been one week yet.

yesterday i had this "excursion" at 9am instead of class all throughout the city. significantly exhausted and hung over after another night of fun and 2 hours of sleep, it was painful. naturally it was also in the 90's. well, i actually have no idea what the temperature was since i don't know celcius, but whatever. my group was like 10 people, and like everything else, only in bulgarian. i wasn't really in any mood to think in bulgarian, so i pretty much kept to myself the whole time. the highlight of the 4 hour excursion was probably when the blind girl in our group walked into a pole. that or when our guide literally like kicked a kitten that was walking in front of her. she didn't see it, apparently.

after that we came back for lunch and hung around a bit before heading back into the city in hopes of catching a movie. it was 6 of us -me, stephanie, colin, erica (bc kids), ela (romania), and casper (denmark). the movie theatre was apparently abandoned or something, so we went and sat at this cool cafe that had mist shooting to keep us cool. then we got some ice cream and did some exploring, which turned out being quite the adventure. we like walked down the mountainy high part of the city on these narrow streets, then through some "greenery" which included this like little cave thing that it looked like gypsies lived in. crossing a bridge meant for a train, we ended up walking along the highway until finally just giving in to a taxi since we couldn't figure out how to get back from there.

back at the hotel i tried to nap but only managed to soak my pillow in sweat, so i took a nice cold shower and went to the restaurant where i joined the others for dinner. after that we went up to erica's air-conditioned room and started to watch 'monster' with bulgarian subtitles, but i got bored and headed downstairs to the lounge where a game of mafia was going on. that was pretty lame considering the extreme language barriers between everyone, but it was amusing, i suppose.

done with that, a bunch of us headed down to the restaurant and sat down in one of the outdoor hut things where i got ridiculously smashed after downing homemade romanian rakija (~brandy) among other things. these eastern europeans certainly know how to drink, though i imagine by the end of this program i'll have quite the tolerance myself. i'm not sure if that's something i should be proud of.

that's all for now!

Advertisement



7th August 2006

AA?
Jesli bedziesz tak duzo pil to po przyjezdzie do warszawy bede musial isc z Toba do kluby Anonimowych Alkoholikow (AA) a nie na mazury..:))) Uwazaj na siebie..:) - juz tylko 21 dni..:)
8th August 2006

Glad to hear you're settling in and having a good time. Remember to save some brain cells for the academic portion of your trip. Call us when you get a chance. Love from all of us at home.
10th August 2006

I got your card!! I especially like the stick figures!! I finally realized I could comment on here this journal is so cool!! I've been reading your entries and it seems like you guys had an amazing time...and yours is still continuing! I'm totally jealous.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb