Small wonder, big impression!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
July 18th 2014
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I know, I know! I did say that my last blog on this trip was from the French Riviera but it truly would be remiss of me not to at least share just a few of the many pictures from Brussels, Ghent and Bruges in low lying Belgium and let them, as difficult as it is, convey the essence of that quietly captivating country, known worldwide mostly for the major role Brussels plays in the European Union.

The magnificent architecture, the canals and the well patronized rail network; the famous chocolates, the waffle and the weekend outdoor market where people enjoyed champagne breakfasts amongst shoppers scurrying for fresh vegetables, cheeses and other necessities for daily living encapsulated a typical European atmosphere and lifestyle - here they work to live! And that they do very well. We thoroughly enjoyed Belgium!

I will go no further but end with this:

Life is very short, so let us impact the lives of others we meet, strangers and friends alike, wherever and whenever our paths may cross, with openness, understanding and a sincere desire to make our world a better place through the words we utter and the smiles we share, each making our own small effort to counter the horror and hate that engulfs much of this beautiful planet.

Enjoy the pictures that follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Magnificent wood carving on display.Magnificent wood carving on display.
Magnificent wood carving on display.

Ghent attracts artistes from around the world.
Partying in Ghent.Partying in Ghent.
Partying in Ghent.

These people know how to live, whether it is partying on a Ghent canal or sitting quietly with friends chatting over an Expresso, a glass of wine or any one of the famous Belgian beers.
Kayaking in Ghent.Kayaking in Ghent.
Kayaking in Ghent.

While the city prepared to host a huge music festival the following day, visitors and locals roamed the streets and enjoyed boating on the canals.


24th July 2014

Belguim
We enjoyed our time in this part of the world and your photos were pleasant memories.
24th July 2014

beautiful
Thank you Roger and Jeanette for sharing your wonderful holiday with us. It was fun reading, visualizing everything you experienced, and really sharing in your joy. Again, I say to you Roger, put it all in a book. Great reading!
26th July 2014

Belgian food
When we visited Bruges many years ago, we found to our amazement that the food was much more refined that the famous French one.
10th August 2014

Fascinating
A truly enjoyable read. You're a good writer, Roger, and I especially appreciate your vibrant enthusiasm for all that you experience. Thanks for sharing. Jeanette
5th December 2014

Thank you.

Tot: 0.522s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 18; qc: 64; dbt: 0.2157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb