Back to Belgium...


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
July 17th 2007
Published: July 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First ever visit for Tiffany...and for me my last visit to Belgium was more than 2 years ago...seems I was busy going to other places the last few years...

So it was 4 days...with a nice program...Brussels, Louvain-la-Neuve, Brugge and Knokke-Le Zoute.

First day...and first stop on the road...in a "friterie" to try our national belgian fries...our FRITES....and yes Leslie and Tiffany enjoyed!

We then drove to Brussels...with a short visit to the Grand Place and the Manneken Pis....this is the small guy that everybody who went to Brussels took a picture of...except us!

First question of Leslie...people are living here?...after seeing all these beautiful old buildings... and another stop for a waffle...yes, we love the "gauffres"!

On Sunday, we drove to Louvain-la-Neuve. I studied there back in 1991 to 1996. This is the place where I learned to have fun...to start travelling like crazy...to party, to get my first student job as a GO in Club Med...and get a degree where the first rule was EFFICIENCY....it's not how much you study...it's how well you pass your exams! If you are efficent....you'll have fun...that's a small advise to those who think the working a lot is better...sorry...working efficiently is better...


I shared a flat...10 of us...for few years around a great project...partying...and get the english culture around! So 11 years later, we did a small reunion..with most of us there. And what a great Sunday...thanks a lot Jeff for the organization, it was great! And thanks a lot for the great sun!

Jeff and Laurence brought Danae, 16 months old gorgeous little girl...Colin, Stephanie's son stay home...so we had his pictures...and everybody else...were well...married...or to be married...or with no plans...and fully enjoying their time! And Tiffany and Leslie....made us feel a little older than we all wish to be...or to look....and early n the evning...we all wish goodbye and see each other very soon...

We then drove to Brugge...to get straight to bed for Tiffany and Leslie to start another nice day the day after!

Brugge...yes it is a gorgeous city...and Leslie and Tiffany enjoyed the boat ride...and more old buildings...to discover one of the most beautiful place of belgium.

In the afternoon...this time a short drive to Knokke...nice belgian beach resort...with cold waters in the sea! So the nice thing about cold water...is that there are a lot of things to do on dry land! To name a few, go-kart, mini-golf...ice-cream and waffles eating...and myself getting back years in my child years! And yes, I didn't write about it yet, but for the second time in two days...mussels for me! For your info, mussels may be the belgian national dish, but they actually come from Zeland...a province of The Netherlands!

So 4 wonderful days in Belgium. We still have a week in Europe. We will stay in Luxembourg, but travel around. So around in Luxembourg...means that on the next entry...you may still see few different countries...

In the meantime, have fun... there is nothing better than family life...Leslie and Tiffany are really wonderful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



27th August 2007

Fun
Hi Peter, You have a lovely family! Thanks for sharing your travels and your photos.... I have a lot of reading to do! So many journals/blogs, and so little time! Take care, Joyce (from travbuddy)

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb