Week 44 - Preparation for Uni & Presentation.


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant
December 19th 2012
Published: January 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

8/12/2012

We got snow ! everywhere today was laden with a carpet of soft snow. It was incredible to look at, especially when you see the big amount we got just overnight. Nevertheless, today I went with Nathalie for some essential shopping. We hit up Colyrut, and upon arriving there saw it was alcohol sale week, and things like a bottle of Jager was 13 Euros ($20 NZD with a free beanie !!). So that was us, Nathalie with the weeks rations, and me sorted for new year’s we got out of the sub-zero temperatures and back home in time for a lax as lunch.

9/12/2012

Today I had a nice slow Sunday morning, and had an amazing ‘Racklette”, which I’ve eaten only two other times since being here in Belgium. I’ve probably already explained what it entails, but it’s basically a mini oven that you chuck cheese and meat in, and create all sorts of flavour combinations yourself. It was amazing, and with a stomach full of food, I spent the rest of the day writing an essay for Uni entrance in New Zealand, and preparing for the end-of-year presentation I was giving at the rotary meeting tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb