Venice to Vienna - Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
September 17th 2016
Published: September 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


As we go into the alps of northern Italy the temperature has dropped to around 13 cel. Brrrr, left jersey in suitcase - bugger. Ok in coach tho.

The scenery is stunning, a bit damp but a bigger version of the South Island in NZ and the houses dotted here and there are made of stone. You can see the old roads winding thru the mountains, thank goodness they have got a new one cut right thru.

The old houses in the countryside are abandoned, which we find weird. Why not tear them down instead they leave them to rot.

Stopped for a break, then on our way again about 10kms down the road we crossed the boarder.

Arrivederci Italy



Helllooooo Austria. The landscape is very different, clean green, just lovely. No old rotting buildings, lots of settlements thru the alps and all of them are pristine.

Stopped at a small place on a lake called Velden, market day, how fortunate. They only have markets twice a year. They were selling a lot of the traditional clothing they wear in the alps. Stunning place.

Arrived Vienna early evening, after a quick jaunt around the city, we had dinner and an early night.

Vienna is vastly different from Italy, it is clean and tidy, just lovely and well kept from what we have seen so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb