Day 9 - Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
April 14th 2014
Published: April 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We parted with our friend and took a bus to Vienna. We checked into a traveller friendly hostel called the Wombats and decided to spend what's left of the day at the Shönbrunn palace. There was a small Easter market in the palace, selling many cute trinkets and delicious sausages. Photography wasn't allowed in the palace (WHY!!?!?) so I couldn't take any pictures (BOOHOO).



We wanted to go to the gardens behind the palace after the palace tour, but it started to rain. So we hung about at the market and in the entrance of the palace, hoping that the rain would stop. We finally decided to venture into the garden just to see what it's like but decided to leave quickly as we were cold and wet. Of course, as we were walking back to our hostel, the rain stopped. The garden is huge, with a labyrinth and a mini zoo somewhere in there. It was unfortunate we could't explore the area more.



A staff at the hostel recommended a place called the Schnitzelwirt. They have mouth-watering schnitzels and the portion is enormous. It was a personal challenge for me to finish everything, which I manage to achieve (is anyone surprised at all?).


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb