Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 27th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We've now been in Vienna for 6 days. We somehow managed to get ourselves caught in an odd sleep pattern that we can't shake. We wake up at 4am, kill time until breakfast at 6:30am. From 6:30am to about 1pm we explore the city until our legs are falling off and we're falling asleep over lunch. Then we crash at the hotel until 7:30 or 8pm which leaves us wide awake all night until 1am. It seems our "afternoon naps" fall between 1am - 4am and our "evening sleep" goes from 1pm to 8pm. How confusing...

Overall, Vienna is a beautiful city with so many things to see and do. Thank goodness for the awesome public transportation system. One of our favorite evenings so far was when we had dinner down at the open air film festival at the Rathaus (city hall). The weather was overcast and rainy for the first few days. Yesterday was the first sunny day and we took full advantage by going to Schloss Schonbrunn in the morning and Grinzing for some local wine at lunch.

Of course, no trip to Vienna would be complete without a visit to the Kazakhstan Consulate... On Monday we
GlorietteGlorietteGloriette

At Schloss Schonbrunn.
made the trek to apply for our visas that we'll need on the next leg of our trip. We were surprised to find that nobody at the consulate spoke any english. Thank goodness for Kathie's (extremely rough and limited) German. After a trip to the bank and back (they don't take cash at the consulate - you have to pay their numbered account at the bank) we got our applications in. Fingers crossed that our visas will be ready Thursday morning since we've booked a train to Istanbul leaving Thursday evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Hotel KummerHotel Kummer
Hotel Kummer

Our hotel on the Mariahilfer Strasse. Our room is on the top floor right in the middle.
Lunch in GrinzingLunch in Grinzing
Lunch in Grinzing

And some local red wine.
Schloss SchonbrunnSchloss Schonbrunn
Schloss Schonbrunn

Joggers enjoy a nice morning before the tourists arrive.


30th July 2010

Vienna is a great place to travel with.
Vienna is a great place to travel with. I wish to be there someday somehow. At your sneak peak pictures that has been posted. It looks like it is a very nice place. :-) Clean pictures very relaxing. Wish to be there asap. :)
3rd August 2010

Hey
I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb