VIENNA AND GRAZ


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
May 28th 2010
Published: May 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Here we are, off to Austria along the autobahn, after Paul managed to get his head around the staying on the right hand side of road, and still does not know his right from his left, all the way whinging that the other campervan was better, and I told him shut up we have this one and get over it. We stopped in Salzburg for the rest of the day and night, staying in a camping ground just outside of the city, unfortunately, he insists on driving right into the centre of the town, close your eyes and imagine what it was like, this big, high campervan toddling around the very very small streets, eventually I managed to direct him back over the river and onto the other side again, where we were able to find parking for this big van and went for a long walk through the city and into the parks and gardens, some beautiful scenery in this country, just spectacular. There was still snow on the mountains and the air fresh and clean, had a good time there and next day set off the Vienna. After arriving in Vienna we headed for the city again Paul trying to drive into the centre of the very large city, he then decided to park in a parking area that I saw but it was E$15 for three hours so he reversed out and off we went again, he then decided to ask someone else where we could camp but the person he chose to ask said I dont drive and do not have a car, so I insisted we find the camping ground which was situated just outside of Vienna with a bus stop right outside, that takes us to the train station and then the train into Vienna, very cheap E1.80 each into the city. We set off into the city, the weather was lovely about 25 so short sleeves and shorts, we wandered around and around and around the city, seeing all the beautiful sites that Vienna has to offer, Paul was very impressed with the buildings and architecture. We had lunch in the park, and then started wandering around again, visiting all the sites that we could cram in, the palaces, the theatres, everyone was dressed in period costume in the street promoting Mozart music that was being played in the theatres that night. When we got back to the camping ground, off to the supermarket again to check some prices out !!! and purchase something for dinner that night. We cooked and sat outside under the canopy and had dinner, see the pictures of Paul and his campervan. Still carrying on about the other van being better than this one. Next night I had decided that I wanted to go and see Schonbrunn Palace, so we spent the morning around and around and around this fantastic Palace, it was superb, Paul was so impressed. After having lunch there we decided to head into Vienna as I wanted to go to see Belvedere. So off on the train again, into Vienna off the train and we went looking for this place, we got lost asked someone else, he did not know, asked again and we were sent off in a different direction. Eventually we found the right direction but only after going completely around and around in a circle, and off we set up the hill, still could not find it asked someone else, he said go straight up the hill and the entrance is there, up and up and up we went I could not walk any further and I finally found the entrance, was awesome but then Paul decided that we had to walk all the way around the grounds, I was suffering boy I was suffering, then we went all the way done in the grounds as it was up on a hill and lucky for him we found another entrance that was right next door to where we asked the young man and he sent us the long way up the hill. By this stage all I wanted was to go home, but no back to the supermarket and to purchase more things that we needed and another bus up the hill to the campervan. Day 2 in Vienna over, rest, dinner, sleep and off the Graz the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb