Sunshine and Parks


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 19th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

AS we awoke to the sound of yet mote drizzle I wondered if we would ever catch the sun. It was time to move on though time to catch the train to vienna. We got extra early so that we could spent some of the day in Vienna as tomorrow we are moving on again. Now this sounds good in theory but as you all know I am not a morning person and apparently either is Stu without caffeine.
We made our way to the station with a vow to get a coke on the train but as we went to board the conductor told us we cant get on the train without a reservation! Oh dear!Luckily we got there early so we had time to buy a reservation and come back so eventually we had our caffeine and were off to Wien.
As the train pulled into the station at Wien Northbandhof we noticed the sun was shining! We were so excited that once we eventually found our hostel we immediately throw on our shorts and went off into the city to explore. Vienna is a pretty place with grand buildings and lush green parks. Me and Stu looked like typically English at the sight off the sun we were donning shorts and sleeveless tops while all the locals were still in jeans :s. We got milkshakes and drank them in the park before heading to St Stephan's Square to see the Cathedral and the the palace. It was a blissful day and it was so nice too see the sun.
Slovenia tomorrow!
Laura
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb