Hofburg Palace


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tour of Hofburg Palace and Night Train to Venice
Today, we toured Hofburg Palace, and the Imperial Apartments. Well, the Austrians sure made a fuss over Elizabeth (Sisi) after she died. She did not seem to care much for Vienna, court life, husband or children while she was alive. Robert and I have diagnosed her as suffering from depression. Went to lunch and had some wine. Have discovered that the wine here is quite light and lovely with lunch. Went on to the train station to board our wagon for the 12 hour trip to Venice (8-8). Kathy fell asleep very quickly only to be woken up at 12 when the train stopped in Salzburg for about 2 hours. When the train stops, everything is turned off, including air. Kathy's 3 bunkmates, including Robert, slept away not knowing that the air was slowly seeping out of the train. Plus, Robert was snoring, which sucked all the good air up!!! Finally, had to poke him to stop (all who have slept with or near me know how ironic that is). Finally, left the small little airless square and stood in the small hallway with pressed to the window. Train left and Kathy immediately got into bunk and hugged air vent and went to sleep. Up 3 hours later but no big deal. The worst was over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb