Reunion in Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 10th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post



Just one day after coming back from Croatia, I went to Vienna to visit my dear friend Dani and Tito. We stayed in a city not too far from Vienna called Sooss/Sooß
.
On the following day we did the usual sightseeing tour across Vienna. We went to Schonbrunn Palace and spent most of the day there. They say that the castle was an imitation of Versailles, but the king run out of money and never managed to make it look as beautiful as the French Palace.

We also walked in the town center stopping by the cathedral, which is very impressive.

At that night we had some family gathering where I had the chance to try plenty of Viennese dishes, starting with a knoblauch crème supp emit weirsbrot croutons und obershaube, followed by Tafelspitz nach wie ner art, finishing off with a Ofenwarmer top fenstrudel. They were all really well served dishes and I loved it.

Despite not speaking a word of German, we managed to get by because almost everyone speaks very good English.

Despite the beautiful city, efficient public transport, good food, I wasn’t too impressed with Vienna, but on day 3 we drove to the country side of Austria alongside the Danube and the scenery was breathtaking. We saw numerous vineyards and plenty of castles spread across the mountains. Of course that we had time to taste some local wine, as well as some delicious Viennese nibbles.

On the way we stopped at some lovely villages and decided to stay in one of them for the night. We managed to find a nightclub which played all sort of music, including Viennese pop. Strangely enough the locals were dancing pop/dance music in pairs just like a Valse dance in a pop rhythm.

Next day we drove back to Sooss and few hours after we were at Vienna airport kissing goodbye and making our plans for our next “get together” in Brazil in December!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

by the Danubeby the Danube
by the Danube

A castle at the top of the hill...


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb