Palaces Galore


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we have just explored the wonderful city of Vienna, we are thinking of putting a bid in on one of the palaces around town. Just another fixer upper project for the Chuba boys, hopefully flip it for a few million. Just have to work on the bankloan first. Well we arrived here yesterday afternoon and got off our lovely AIR CONDITIONED train ride and into the sweltering heat off the West Bahnhoff U-Bahn station. We proceeded to go "UP" the street as our directions told us. Seems our hostel was in fact "DOWN" the street. So after about a mile and half of extra walking and what seemed to be 2 pints of sweat from our backs we arrived at our hostel. Another gem of a hostel, we got upgraded into a private four person room for free and have our own ensuite bathroom again. We are getting used to this lavish life a little too fast. We got too know a few people around the hostel in the hostel bar and spent most of the night drinking and laughing with new friends in the hostel kitchen. We woke up and set out on our day, we met up with 2 people from upstate New York who had been here for sometime and they toured us around the City. We started off at Stephanplatz. Which is an old church from the 10th century. It was quite a sight too see and best of all for us FREE to tour. It still houses bones in it's Catacombs from Plague victims as well as Royalty from the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. We than proceeded down a street to the Royal Palace. Which housed the monarchy from the 11th century until 1918. The rest of the day was spent going from Palace to palace and just taking it all in. It seems as though they had the same complex that many people from Oakville living on Lakeshore share...the old bigger is better. I wandered to myself aloud what the process of purchasing the one thousanth statue for your house was like. We settled down for a nap and our now going to grab some grub too cook for this evening. Tommorrow it's more palace sightseeing, our feet just wouldn't let us wander the grounds of one last palace just east of our hostel. So it's tomorrow's adventure now. The plan is too grab a soccer ball and place on the palace grass...I just hope security doesn't have a problem with it. Allrighty hope everything is going well at home, love and miss you all.

Niall

Advertisement



25th June 2007

journo

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb