Austrian Tyrol - Contiki


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol
October 14th 2005
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

AustriaAustriaAustria

Love it!


Having left Munich and travelled through Bavaria we reached Austria once more and were set to brave the icy waters for some white-water rafting. Most players were suited up and after some instructions we headed down to the river to find it was absolutely freezing. As a result while wading by the edge a few of us were spear tackled into the water ... bloody idots!

Once in we were settling off on a run with about 4 rafts in the water and down towards the rapids. A few times we were allowed to jump off and swim through the water before getting back on, one of the funnier times is when Mike and Craig S were having a tussle from 2 different rafts and Craig ended up in the water thinking it was deep, after desperatly trying to get back into the raft he was told by the guide to just stand up! He did to find the water only came up to his chest. We passed along passed the Paramount mountain while the rapids were alright, nothing to strenuous and we had a ball, although the water was so cold I was sure my balls were lost for a while! We ended up changing and having a game of beach volleyball with the river and mountains as backdrop.

Onwards passed Innsbruck towards Hopfgarten. Getting settled into our typical Austrian chalet accommodation where we had a good dinner and then got ready for our P, P & P party. Mixing with the other group for ages as our girls were still getting ready, I was personally given a little show which I won't go into and an interesting night occurred. Benny boy was all decked out in some latex gear and was doing well, a few of the others were doing alright, and my stalker attacked me. Needless to say an interesting night was had and the rest I will leave for now.

After somehow walking outside at about 4:30am, there were many still going hard and many in different parts of the outside although it was freezing. I managed to get back to my room only to be awoken to some horrendous snoring! The next morning was time for some mountain bike riding, it was great and very invigorating. Through some great countryside, past men taking their cows along the paths and streams by the very green landscape .. sensational! The climb up wasn't that bad and we stopped to have lunch and kick back, why couldn't life be like this all the time????

The rest of the trail was downhill and we motored our way down, sensational again, but many of the guys took it as a challenge. We were set for some parapenting later in the day, so myself and MJ rode into town and had a look around, checking out the local church. Then we set off up the hill for the parapenting, which was rather soothing, great scenery but not the same thrill as sky diving, its just a relaxing ride above a beautiful place on earth. Afterwards myself and MJ took Jake, Nat and Michelle into town for some more rides around the town.

Back for dinner and some dross with lots of great kids. It was a relatively quiet evening, only a few drinks were had and gentle dross. I ended up falling asleep on the floor of another room.

After leaving Hopfgarten we made a quick stop at thefamous Swarovski museum. Home of so many crystals and a shop you will see at just
P,P & P NightP,P & P NightP,P & P Night

Harlan, Lans, Twatta, Craig S, Myself. And Sean at the front.
about every International airport in the world. A few of us just went straight to the shop and bought some gear before making our way back to the bus where a horde of Japanese tourists were taking photos of our bus. We ended up involving ourselves in their photos before they cottoned on, and then were getting individual photos with them all ... they loved it! But I am sure they enjoyed it even more when we suggested photos with the girls, much to the girls' protests ... great stuff!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

P,P & P NightP,P & P Night
P,P & P Night

Looking mighty fine
RiverRiver
River

Where we white-water rafted
Beach VolleyballBeach Volleyball
Beach Volleyball

After white-water rafting in Austria
InnsbruckInnsbruck
Innsbruck

Driving by
Hut in the TyrolHut in the Tyrol
Hut in the Tyrol

On our bike ride
Mountain bikingMountain biking
Mountain biking

Craig, Lans, Susan, Tash, Yours truly, Sharlee, Kylie and Mol in the front
Austrian farmersAustrian farmers
Austrian farmers

Leading their cows around
Look at it!Look at it!
Look at it!

Great scenery we cycled around
ParapentingParapenting
Parapenting

Pricey finishing her session
Swarovski MuseumSwarovski Museum
Swarovski Museum

The famous Swarovksi crystals
With VivWith Viv
With Viv

Good night
FellasFellas
Fellas

while mountain biking


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb