Hohe Salve


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Wilder Kaiser
August 26th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Make Sunday Special
Well, that's still a campaign some of us believe is important, so we decided to make Sunday different. We had the meeting more as a service, moved it outside and to the morning - so change all round. Peter & Alison also managed to join us for some of it! Thoroughly enjoyable - just watch out for the wet grass!

I'd planned on taking a group to Hohe Salve (pronounced "Ho-a Salve-eh") on the Friday, but most were doing something else, but there was a group keen on Sunday, so we moved the date! Another scorching day, so we went for the "let's not push it" option. We walked to Hopfgarten again, then took the 8-man cable car to the first stop, then transferred to the 2-man chairlift, and then for the exciting part - across to the listed single-seater chairlift. Didn't feel all that secure when I first got on, but then kinda relaxed and enjoyed the view! At the top, we had a look round, the small chapel, the view (group photo!), the kids play area, and what I named "the walk of contemplation". We then settled into a table at the restaurant, ordered food and drinks, including the local Almdudler (often referred to by tourists as "that dude drink", and relaxed for a while. However, we wanted to walk back, so we needed to leave enough time for that! We'd enjoyed the single-seater so much, and wanted to go down facing the views, so we went back on that - I could have sat on that going up and down for hours to be honest! Picked up another Magnum for the walk down, and we followed Peter's instructions and found our path down pretty easily. We were then in time for another swim and then it was time for the BBQ - the burgers were a special recipe (not just meat), and were the nicest I've ever tasted!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Onto the single-seaterOnto the single-seater
Onto the single-seater

A little odd to begin with, but soon began to enjoy it... can't imagine it on skis though!


Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 25; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb