Austria/Germany February 2008


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Kitzbühel
March 27th 2008
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

View from our hotelView from our hotelView from our hotel

Kitzbuhel Austria

Our trip to Kitzbuhel Austria (including Munich, Salzburg, and Rothenburg)


We returned from our trip a couple of weeks ago. It couldn't have been better!



Friday, February 22nd: Met the group at SFO for our flight on Lufthansa from San Francisco non-stop to Munich. Everyone was already having beers at the pub! After a couple of hours and our usual stop at Ebisu in the international terminal for one last Udon Bowl, we were off. Our seats were together, but the back of the section without being able to recline. Not great, but actually the flight went very quickly and before we knew it we landed in Munich around 6pm the following day, Saturday, February 23rd. After a two hour uneventful busride to Kitzbuhel, were were there at the Hotel Tiefenbrunner! (A few beers in the bus helped immensely in our time adjustment!) Interesting that now with EU consolidation, going between Germany and Austria is like going between the different states in the US. No stopping, and not even a large sign announcing the border. Really cool!

After a quick unpack, we all met for a late dinner at 9pm (included in our package). We immediately
View from our hotelView from our hotelView from our hotel

Kitzbuhel, Austria
fell in love with our waitress Paula, and met our guide for the week Alan (more on him later!) Great dinner - I had duck breast, which was tender and very well prepared. Off to bed to rest for our first day of skiing tomorrow!

Slept great - and woke to an incredible view of the Tyrolean Alps! Our room also looked out to the town and two of the old cathedrals. First day of skiing was amazing - we decided to go for a 4 day ski pass for about E150. Quite a deal compared with what you can get in the US. Skiied Pass Thurn, Kitzbuhel, and all of decent runs within the Kitzbuhel valley. Had lunch at a chalet with amazing views of the surrounding mountains, and of course great beer!!!

After a week of skiing, and more beer - we made our way to Munich, Salzburg, and Rothenburg. All amazing sites themselves, although cold and snowy most of the time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb