Chillin' in the Austrian Alps


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
August 21st 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well the count down to coming home is on. Everyone is making the best of the last couple days and snapping pictures like crazy. last you guys heard i was in romania and since then i have been to hungary, germany and austria. Hungary was a quick stop but beautiful. They call it the Paris of the east and they light up there most beautiful buildings at night just like paris. We spent the day wandering around looking at monuments and a museum called the Terror museum which so far has been my favourite. Its all about the occupation of hungary by the nazi and the soviets so it was very intense. At night we did a group dinner. It was a dinner cruise on a big boat going past all the major attractions. The food was mediocre but thez made up for that by giving us unlimited wine so there was no complaints there. The next day we went into Austria for the first time and checked out Vienna which was another stunner. They take a lot of pride in there buildings and maintain them well. In vienna i also got mz first taste of hostel life. We stayed at the wombat hostel and met a tonne of other travellers. The day in vienna was spent in fine art museums and eating all the famous foods. We had a fat girl and guy day and feasted on apple strudle, world famous chocolate cake and snitchel (that could be spelled wrong haha). Now on to Germany. Munich was such a good time we went to a couple of the beer halls including the famous Hofbrauhaus which is the beer hall where hitler rallied his troops when he tried to over through the German government the first time. The next day in Germany was started off with 930am beers while we suffered through the biggest coo coo clock show. Then it was back to the beer halls and off to Austria again. im going to trz and put some pics on now so ill say the rest later.

Advertisement



23rd August 2006

Travel Stories
Hi Laura and new friends. I'm really loving your travel stories. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Sorry the experience is almost over. I hope you did a yoddle (???) in the Alps. Always keep your quest for adventure and have fun. See you soon. Love a.d.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb