Adrenaline in Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Hopfgarten im Brixental
September 28th 2014
Published: December 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We continued on our drive from Munich into Austrian Tyrol. We made our first stop just outside of Innsbruck where we did Water Water Rafting, €38. The water was brutally cold, but we all seemed to have a good time. The group was divided into rafts and then the instructors took the rafters to jump into the water, to get used to the temperature. Then came the rapids. It was surreal watching everyone go down the rapids, until they became nothing but dots on the horizon. The whole process took the group two hours to complete, and then everyone showered quickly and changed so we could go bobsledding on the Olympic Track. Bobsledding cost €28, for one run down the track, I couldn't do it because of my neck, but from what I've been told, it was awesome but jolty.

The first night in Hopfgarten we had a "tight and bright party" so we all wore florescent clothes and headbands and nail polish. The next morning, we were all supposed to go paragliding, unfortunately during my time slot, the wind became too unpredictable so I went for a walk and bike around the area. It was lovely and the wind was fresh and clean. The average cost of Tandem Paragliding in Austrian Tyrol is €124. However, photos and videos cost extra. What most of my group did, was take their go-pros with them so they could get some action shots, they also did this on White Water Rafting and Bobsledding. It's a rather good investment- currently on my wish list for my next travel adventure.

A few of the people on my tour were actually quite sick in Austria, so we had a few doctors visits to get some antibiotics- there is a doctor call out fee of €50 and then the prescriptions cost around an extra €50. Most of us got bronchitis because of the changes of weather. When you are in 35C one day, rain the next, and in 5C a couple of days after that, you are likely to get sick. So the few of us that were sick, rested up for a few hours and I went along to watch some of the boys go trout fishing (cost is €5 but then yo get to eat it if you catch it). The lake is also very scenic and looks like it belongs on a postcard.

That night we had a little farewell party in the bar- we were staying on a contiki only site, so we didn't have any noise complaints. And we also enjoyed some more Austrian food- apple strudel is now probably one of my favourite desserts.

Off to another cold place tomorrow.... Switzerland!!! I cannot wait. I hope we get to see some snow.

Goodbye Austria, hope to see you soon.

x


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb