Hopfgarten and some Tyrolean Music


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Hopfgarten im Brixental
August 24th 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Going for the easy option on this day, we strolled into Hopfgarten, which presented us with some interesting photo opportunities... but you couldn't fault the weather! Half the group continued up to Hohe Salve, whilst the rest of us relaxed with an ice cream (lovely!). We then headed back to Itter, uphill in the heat unfortunately this time, but good views and the odd breeze to help!

Can't remember what happened in the afternoon, but think we just chilled out (and I prepared more stuff, and tried to read about Salzburg, etc), and definitely went for another swim, which, yes, was warmer than the other day! Oh yes, I remember, went to the cash & carry to get some more salad items and chocolate bars for the sandwich fillings! After dinner/the meeting, we'd been told that there was a Tyrolean brass band playing (free) in the centre of Itter, and that by 9pm (when we were ready to go) they should be starting to play modern tunes. Most people went to "look for 5 minutes" and were still there at 10pm when it finished, as it was really enjoyable, and there was certainly plenty of modern music - a great Beatles medley for example, and the theme tune to Evita! Is accompanied by drinks/stalls by local groups who make their funds from such events.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb