Zell Am Zimmer... great views!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Zell am Zimmer
June 18th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 18th June
Late breakfast (9am!), clearly doesn’t look like a paragliding day, but then a handful check it out and it is a possibility! Several others of us head up the hill towards Herz-Jesu, a chapel we can see from the valley. A steep climb and muddy (and I’ve forgotten my sticks again)… takes a while, but come out to several great panoramas of the valley. We sit for a while trying to spot the paragliders, but give up and head back down - again, trying not to slip! Back to the campsite for lunch where we find the non-paragliders - no good after all, although they are on standby for if the weather improves! Head back into town to get electrical adaptor for campsite - shop is closed, but owner comes past and agrees to provide it! Then head back into town - via Spar for Magnums - see somewhere advertising strudel for 2.20 Euro. Marissa is determined to have some and our planned stop in Innsbruck may not happen tomorrow… we may not stop til Verona in Italy - people are happy with either - whichever gets us to the campsite in the quickest time! We head back for the strudel, and Gisella (who says she’s had a lot) says this is the best she’s ever tasted. En route back to the camp we see most of the rest of the group and head them in the direction of the strudel (restaurant on the bridge, yellow awning!). Back to the campsite for dinner, and for Glenn to tell us about his work as an evangelist - some of the theological strategies required for getting others to think about THEIR faith, and from there to the Christian faith. Could hear the music going on in the restaurant as our meeting finished, so headed in for some typical Tyrolean music - a great chance to dance along local style! Avoided the Schnapps though! When the guys had a break, we all went to bed, leaving the area a bit empty…


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb