Skiing in Kaprun!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Zell am See
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our apartment in the centre of Kaprun and headed straight to the hire shop to get kitted out and to buy our ski passes. We then tested out one of the local bars, missing the supermarket and having to make do with freshly made, oven-baked pizzas- oh well! We spent that evening in the apartment (as we were destined to spend every evening) playing cards and sharing easter eggs! Cad taught us some new games, which we grasped with varying success! Most evenings we also managed to head down to Paletti's, a local bar with a very relaxed atmosphere in the centre of Kaprun. We would get dinner started before heading out, and eat later sitting around the table with a few beers, before cracking open the cards.
We spent most of our days skiing on Kitzsteinhorn, a huge glacier just down the road from Kaprun. We were really lucky with the weather because it had snowed the week before we arrived but was brilliantly sunny every day we were skiing. Although this meant that towards the end of the week the snow wasn't so good, we all achieved amazing sun tans! Cad is a very experienced skiier, and he obviously rubbed off on Ronan, who mastered skiing in about 4 hours, racing confidently down red runs by the end of the week! In the middle of the week we decided to head to the ski runs in Kaprun which were walking distance (even in ski boots!) from our apartment. It was really nice to be able to ski right down into the village, even if it did mean skiing over mud and grass towards the bottom of the slopes! On the Thursday Ciara and Anne sacked off skiing in favour of shopping and sunbathing. It was really nice to spend some time together and catch up on the gossip at home!
Anne and Ronan left early in the morning on the friday and after a final day of skiing we headed with Cad to Zell Am See, a ski town nearby. It was sat right on a huge peaceful lake with mountains all around. We had drinks in the centre of town before heading back for our final night in Kaprun.
We had a really nice week skiing. It was good to catch up with home, mess about with Ronan and get spoilt for a week with pizza, chocolate and beer!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb