The Hills are Alive... (again!)


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
June 16th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 16th June
Catherine’s 21st birthday today, so we surprise her with a little cake before we head off - didn’t want to wait til the evening. Find the coach drop in Salzburg after negotiating the one-way system a bit, then Freddie and John drive off to the coach park, and the rest of us head in across the river, looking out for pretzels en route. Lose half the group at the first ATM, more at the pretzel stand, and several went on ahead to find the Sound of Music locations (I would like to have gone with that group!). Had a nice time wandering along Geburtstrasse, seeing Mozart’s birthplace, into the centre where got some maps from the information centre, and finally found a real pretzel, so we all tasted some. Into the Cathedral, and then headed back towards Geburtstrasse in the hunt for some apple strudel. Ellie and Jean disappeared back to the castle, and soon after we tried a side-street and hit the jackpot - a number of stalls selling any number of huge different flavoured pretzels - we went for 3 for 7 Euro between us, and tried some of David/Siew Ying’s strudel also! Back past the other Sacher Hotel, found the Mirabell Gardens where ran into most of the others for some more daft photos! Chance for one more pretzel outside before we all met up on the roadside the wait for the coach which was even a little early… got everyone to dash on as weren’t in the proper bus stop! Onto the campsite when the tents were soon up and dinner and meeting were complete. Walked into town to soak up the atmosphere of the Austria re Switzerland game… but there was no atmosphere to be had, so just some daft photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb