Salzburg Snow


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
November 5th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Something Different! Me, my partner and our little girl wanted something different, so we looked on the net and found a cheap flight to Salzburg in Austria! We went for four days and three nights. Everyone told us it would be lovely, and we were all really excited. We landed in Salzburg’s and the weather wasn't too bad, cold but not freezing! We met a nice guy when we got off the plane that was from England and lived in Austria with his wife. My partner said to him, "Oh the Weather isn’t so bad" the man laughed and said don’t keep your hopes up the weather in Austria never stays the same. That night we checked in to our hotel and went for a long walk around the town. Everyone was really friendly. It was getting late so we went for a nice meal at one of the local restaurants and then back to the hotel. The next morning when I woke, I opened the curtains wide and had a look to see if the weather was still good! "Its Snowing" Snow was just on the tops of the other hotels that I could see from my window. It didn't look to bad. My little girl was very excited to get out in the snow, she’s never seen it so thick and white in England. We jumped up, got dressed and was looking forward to a nice day out and a bit of snow. MMMMMMMMMM! This is what we seen when we stepped out in to the town. We was so shocked their was no sign of snow the day before and the next day it was up to our knees. It was mad! That day it was just to cold to do anything! We all had two sets of clothes on, big coats, hat, scarves and gloves and was still to cold. So that day we just jumped on bus to bus to keep warm until we had been around the whole town and went from cafe to cafe. The cafe we sat in was placed just over the river that passes through Salzburg the views was amazing, I wanted to stay there all day!
Salzburg is a Beautiful place, but with the weather being the way it was there wasn't too much for us to do, so we decided to book a day tour, something that would show us all around the interesting places and a bit of fun! So what better than "The Sound of Music" day trip! ha ha. We was picked up at 9.15 in the morning, there was about 55 people on the tour. We when from town to town viewing all the lovely sites. I would recommend the day trips, because they do show you all the best bits. We got to see where all "The sound of music was filmed. we also got to see the birth place of Mozart, and the village his mother lived in, the village was breath taking, it over looked a beautiful lake which is popular in the summer for water skiing, and amazing mountains which were so big we could hardly see the tops of them. Salzburg is a lovely place and the pictures are no where near as good as the really thing! I would definitely go back there again, may be when it’s a bit warmer.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th November 2006

Austria in spring
I traveled through Austria in April and it was beautiful weatherwise(cool, clear air) and there were not many tourists! It was easy to hop onto a train and the hostels/B and B's were not over booked. Did you visit Hallstadt?
25th November 2006

hello
Hello, yes i think we might of, it would be lovely to go in the summer, but it made it that extra bit better with it snowing and coming up to xmas. the mountains just took my breath away! and the lovely lakes too. today i have just booked a holiday to prague, i cant wait to go there, am hoping thats just as nice. have you ever been?
28th November 2006

when??
Thank you for sharing your experience.. I'm planning to go this december because I had never seen the snow before, so, when was your trip?? (I hope to see the snow)
29th November 2006

1st til the 5th of November!
1st til the 5th of November! and the snow was up to our knees, so if your going in december you should definitly get to see it. it is lovely though, make sure you take loads of pictures!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb