St. Thomas / St. Johns - 7 Day S. Caribbean Cruise


Advertisement
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was the last day of our cruise, and by far the most beautiful! St Thomas is a beautiful area. Part of the U.S. Virgin Islands, I believe it was the most wealthy of our stops. The views are awesome as hills rise from the water. I'd hoped to walk through downtown Charlotte Amalie, but it was a little further than desired to walk in the heat, so we walked around the tourist shopping area and grabbed a drink at an open air bar as we waited for time to arrive for our St Johns snorkeling excursion to begin.
St Johns is another island just east of St Thomas. We arrived via the Bimini Breeze powercat, and what a fun crew! They were all 20something Americans and full of energy. The 2 guys and the girl had everyone laughing from the beginning.
When we reached our first destination, Christmas Cove, one of them even got into the water with us to point put what we were seeing. I never experienced anything like a guided snorkel before. It was great! We saw eagle (sting) rays in the water and she even brought up a sea urchin for us to examine closer. Not something you'd want to touch on your own!
Our second stop was at Honeymoon cove/beach. The snorkeling here was great, and a little deeper out we saw a turtle! It was too far away to get a good picture, but someone we talked to on our excursion said they had one pop up right next to them! We swam to the beach and it was perfect: Mangrove trees, rocky areas, islands in the distance... It was a wonderful last day on the cruise.
The Virgin Islands are beautiful, I think I want to do an Eastern Caribbean cruise next time to experience even more of the beauty in that little portion of the world.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb