Waiting in Bequia


Advertisement
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

fish gutting bequiafish gutting bequiafish gutting bequia

This man is gutting mahe mahe and tuna ready tos ell on the quay
BEQUIA

Still here, the wind has been howling and making the boat heel over. We decided to move further into the bay, which I think was a good decision, it has been more comfortable here. The wind has been gusting a lot at night, gusts of 30 knots and it has woken us up. During the day we have been off the boat. We caught the bus to Friendship bay. We had asked if there were any buses, and as usual they were not exactly crystal clear with the answer. 'yeah there a bus' 'when does it go?' 'no schedule' 'Ok right. But it turns out it is a pickup truck with seats, hop on hop off. He dropped us at the top of the road to Friendship bay, and Alan went round to the drivers side to give him a dollar or whatever it was. All the people at the bus stop started shouting, and one man in a very fetching woolly hat said'no man, de goverment he pays not you' they were laughing.
We walked down to the bay and then had coffee on a very airy light terrace overlooking petit nevis, that is where they take the whales, if they ever catch one. They are allowed one a year at least. We decided to walk back, it was a couple of miles, and we enjoyed walking and getting some exercise. We went for a dive in the afternoon on devils table. Another very pretty and easy dive, which always has lots of different fish and some amazing corals. The fan corals are really lovely, intracite in design, with a fluorescent blue stalk, drifting in the current. Each rock seems to have alittle eco system of its' own.
The motor bike has officially died, Alan tried to repair it, but no luck and now it has been ashore to see the mechanic. The rastas on the fruit stall were very taken with it., 'you give me save my two feet.' (maybe not) .




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

squallsquall
squall

we were sitting ina bar when this squall came over, so quickly over.


30th January 2009

hi from wet and windy weymouth
hi eleanor and alan, sounds like you are having a great time. we had a really lovely relaxed time in antigua, sad to come home. off to work in a little while, cup of tea and a read of your blog to start the day off. have a good trip. hope bruce has fun. love sue x
5th February 2009

thanks sue
Hi sue, glad you had a good time in antigua. all lovely here, and bruce is recovered from his ordeal in the snow!! take care eleanorxx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb