Day 10


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yes indeed, another day in paradise. Despite the weather forecasts showing nothing but T-Storms for our little island, we have been enjoying gorgeous weather. A little rainy at times, but its not like Vancouver, folks! It blows over and out comes the sun and 280C.



After a day of reading and lounging around the pool, Terri and I went to the happy hour beach bar to chat it up with others. A very nice crowd of people there tonight. During happy hour, when you order a drink, they bring two so it was a lively chatter mixed in with quite a few run drinks of different persuasions. A young couple from Ireland were very friendly and looks like we may have visitors to Vancouver at some point in the future with a quid pro quo place to stay in for our visit(s) to Ireland.

The bar was also made lively by a Steel band. We had front row seats. A group of five from Holland were beating the sand with their dancing and thereby enticing the rest of us to join. Lots of fun as the sun receded.



We had plans to go to a restaurant called the Buzz, which had good 'buzz' from others who told us about it, so we excused ourselves and sought out this place of palette. To our disappointment it was closed, so our fallback choice was "Jacques", a bayside restaurant we tried for lunch a few days before. Again, the cuisine was excellent. We were seated with a great view of the marina and harbour. The owners had come to St. Lucia from the UK 20 years ago to work in the restaurant business. They eventually bought this place and have been providing a wonderful french cuisine ever since.



You know you've had a great day when its only 9pm and you can still feel the day's sun relaxing you and easing you toward a restful sleep, which is exactly what we did.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb