SAILING TO ST LUCIA


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a sail! The sun shining down, warm water splashing on the deck, calm cobalt blue sea, and a wind of about 15knots on the beam..THIS is why we came! What alovely few hours, ST lucia appearing before us and Martinique gradually getting smaller. We had coffee with callisto before leaving, and did a book swap, and then really enjoyed our sail across, it is only about 24 miles, and there were lots of yachts out, making the passage both ways.

It took about 10 minutes for me to be in the water after we had dropped the anchor, swimming round the boat, even alan got in later. The water is crystal clear and we are anchored off Reduit beach, with the long sandy beach of the hotel facing us. (I think this is where my internet comes from).
Alan went off to check in while I enjoyed the sunshine and my book.
Last night we thought we might be going to the jump up at Gros Islet so set off to the marina quite early, we were in the scuttlebuts bar having a drink, cheaper than martinique, $8 so bit more reasonable. We looked up and saw some friends from crossing the atlantic, Peter and karen, they were just sitting down to dinner, a very joyful reunion and a nice meal later, but guess what by the time we were due to go out to the jump up we had spent all the cash we had with us!!
We said goodnight to karen and peter, and had a walk around and then went back to the boat. The noise was incredible echoing over the bay, like somewhere in spain. But down below we could not really hear it.
Another beautiful day today and karen andpeter are coming for coffee, then we are going tot he supermarket, and then on to Marigot bay, not far up the coast.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb