St Kitts & Nevis


Advertisement
Published: February 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis Blog 28th January 2020 Basseterre



St. Kitts is the larger of the 2 Caribbean islands that comprise the nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. It’s known for rainforested mountains and beaches of white, gray, and black sands. On its southwestern coast is the capital, Basseterre, and Georgian buildings from the colonial era. Anchoring Basseterre is the Circus, a plaza modeled after London’s Piccadilly Circus, complete with Victorian-style clock tower.



St Kitts' southeastern peninsula features beaches by Frigate Bay, known for a popular row of bars called The Strip, and South Friar's Bay, with calm waters for snorkeling and swimming. Recreational activities also include seaside golfing and diving near shipwrecks. On the northwestern coast is Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park, known for its preserved fortification built in the 17th and 18th centuries. Among former sugarcane fields and rainforest sheltering vervet monkeys and other wildlife is Mount Liamuiga, a dormant volcano with trails to its crater rim, which affords views of the Caribbean Sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb