Hard Choices and Goats


This journal has been deleted.
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

29th June 2009

to befriend a goat, you must become a goat. look deep inside and summon your inner goat. first, do a pencil roll to the fridge. now, throw a slice of gross warm kraft sliced cheese at the wall. now, bang your head against the cheese-sliced wall. you are ready.
1st July 2009

drink its milk
5th July 2009

a goat, a goat, it's like a root beer float... first, you have to think of sheep. once you realize that sheep is pronounced Hseep(z) and not SH-EE-P, you will see that a goat is really on a boat. thus, you can make friends with one by rowing your own boat (gently down the you-know-what) beside the goat's and saying "blueberry mush, i have a crush, where's the bobby?"* i'll add more when i see you. i love you, your face and your blog entries. * barbie.
8th July 2009

Your friends are hilarious. Particularly that Miss Jay. So any further blow back from the kid situation? That is really a tough one. I don't know what I would have done in the same situation. Probably the same as you. A kid is a kid. Now, this information I found on wikipedia may assist you in knowing your goat: Goats are extremely curious and intelligent. They are easily trained to pull carts and walk on leads. Ches McCartney, nicknamed "the goat man", toured the United States for over three decades in a wagon pulled by a herd of pet goats. They are also known for escaping their pens. Goats will test fences, either intentionally or simply because they are handy to climb on. If any of the fencing can be spread, pushed over or down, or otherwise be overcome, the goats will escape. Being very intelligent, once a weakness in the fence has been exploited, it will be repeatedly exploited until they determine it can no longer be overcome. Goats are very coordinated and can climb and hold their balance in the most precarious places. Goats are also widely known for their ability to climb trees, although the tree generally has to be on somewhat of an angle.
10th July 2009

Thank you friends for the wise goat advice. I shall report back with any further developments as the operation unfolds.
11th July 2009

lover of goats
I don't know Lish. I just don't know what I would have done. Despite everything I've learned, in my gut I feel like I would have wanted to help and I probably would have done the same thing. In the moment, he's still a hungry little boy who needs a place to sleep. And if I had shelter and a bit of food I would probably want to share it. It's good that you contacted someone who could help after. I hope that you're not only looked at as the one people can go to because you're the 'white rich girl'. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your community and that despite only being there for a few weeks people are letting you into their lives. That's wonderful! :) In regard to the goat... I think it's best that you connect with them. Maybe write a song for them and while you're sharing a grassy meal sing them a 'why can't we be friends' ditty. Love you mango!! xoxo
18th July 2009

Good Samaritan
I just wanted to commend you for taking the boy in that night. Many would say it was foolish, but sometimes we have to listen to our heart and just have faith. May God bless you for your generous, loving spirit.
23rd July 2009

Thank you Melody for your sweet words.
11th August 2009

:)
Lishai! Great stuff you write here. It's really fun reading these posts. Sounds like you're facing many challenges out there, but also some great and memorable experiences. Your words really reflect a sense of curiosity and enthusiasm at the same time. Keep writing!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb