First day at Puerto Rico and first blog for me at travel blog


Advertisement
Published: March 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After more then 24 hours travelling, we finally arrived at Puerto Rico in the middle of the night. We started hour holiday in Brussels. It's a long time ago that we took a flight from Brussel airport, but since july 2008 Holland has a an extra flight tax of 45 euro per person and Schiphol raised several taxes at the same time, it saves us almost 200 euro's to leave from Brussel. Brussel is as far from our place as Schiphol airport, so no differences in time.

We are used to have the luggage go in transit straight to our destination, but in Newark that's not the way it works. You pick up your luggage at the baggage claim and bring it immediately to the baggage drop. How silly. We also had to fill in a form 72 hours before going to the States through the internet, but in the plane we have to fill in the green paper again. The same thing as what we need to fill in on the internet. All that paperwork
In Newark also our fingerpints from both hands and both tumbs were taken. Hmmm, so now I'm on file in the States.

Then the waiting started for our flight to Puerto Rico, 6 hours. We were on schedule, but it took a lot of time to board. During taxiing strange noises were coming from the luggage boxes. The flight attendants starting to push the boxes and talking. After 40 minutes we heard from the pilot that they did some extra checks, because they hear strange sounds. They couldn't find anything, so ready for take off. During take off I didn't feel so comfortable. Last week a Turkish plane crashed in Holland, and a couple of weeks ago a flight from Continental crashed close to Newark with everyone dead. And since we were sitting in a Continental flight with strange noises coming out of the luggage boxes, taking of from Newark, you might understand my uncomfortableness. But everything went fine, so after a six hour sleep, sitting here in the Starbucks close to our hotel.

The weather looks great and feels warm ( so much better than Holland), so up to the old parts of San Juan and the beach. But first a nice frappuchino Mocha

Advertisement



2nd March 2009

Hello
Hello Claudia and Martin, good to hear that your flight went well, though I'm still interested in those noises ;) Hope you have a nice holiday and looking forward to see some pictures of the scenery and the baseball games.
4th March 2009

Hi
Hi there. I'm glad that you two arrived Rico safely. Enjoy nice vacation <(^o^)
4th March 2009

Geniet!
Hey Claudia, Leuk om je/jullie reis hier te volgen. Groet, Tom Verhoeven

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb