We reached our destination!


Advertisement
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Caicos good-byesCaicos good-byesCaicos good-byes

Caicos good-byes
12/18/06

We left San Juan harbor at 0900, having enjoyed being in the United States again, flying our Puerto Rican courtesy flag. Our beautiful San Juan filly, with all her horsepower, left the harbor and bucked straight into large swells (again). She handles them all very well, but it made for another couple of uncomfortable hours. Encountered our first lobster pots, or whatever they were, in one section, and suddenly realized that we missed the flying fish that had accompanied us so many miles of our journey.

We continued east to Pasaje de San Juan, itching to go visit Isla Palominos, with its beautiful beaches, and located our destination, the El Conquistador Resort marina entrance. We found our slip, and backed in med style, in much quieter water, with the lasso technique (I’m getting the hang of it). Paul makes it easy for me. This is a place that I could spend two weeks at. Looks out towards the Virgin Islands, and is very beautiful. The view from the resort on top of the cliff is amazing. The resort had a little excitement just off the beach when we came back from the office. A boat was on fire!
Ocean World D.R. entranceOcean World D.R. entranceOcean World D.R. entrance

Entrance to Ocean World D.R.
That’s a reality check. A mechanic was apparently called to the boat, and voila! Something went wrong. Both men were able to jump into the water and were picked up by the resort boat. The boat drifted onto the beach at the resort, and a couple of hours later a fire truck put the last of the flames out. Finished out the day doing boat chores, and looking forward to Christmas on the west coast.

12/19/06

Today dawned bright and warm again, which I could definitely get used to, but we’re getting lonesome. It’s been a long day of repairs and boat work for Paul, and he hopes to be finished by tomorrow morning and deliver the boat to the U.S. Virgin Gorda and then fly back to San Juan for our flight home on Thursday. Thanks everyone for the comments on the blog sight. So good to hear from all of you while in a far away place. Hope all of you on the Maui trip have a fantabulous time! Hugs and kisses to Betty. You are quite a woman. Eivind, and Andrea, tell our grandson that his grandparents can’t wait to see him. (as Libby says,
Punta Cana MarinaPunta Cana MarinaPunta Cana Marina

Punta Cana Marina- Puerto Rico
another perfect child) I’m sitting high atop the cliff in the lobby of the hotel writing the blog, listening to two parrots squawk loudly. If we make it to Virgin Gorda, I’ll let you know what it was like. One more day in paradise……and then home to family and friends.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb