Rain, Rain and again rain


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On tuesday evening the 3rd it started raining. The next day we wanted to rent a car, but when we looked out of the window it was still raining.
So change of plan then.

The main reason for this trip is to go to the Word baseball classic games. We allready made a reservation for the tickets, but they need to be picked up at the baseball stadion (Hiram Bithorn). Since it's a bad day for making photos or siteseeing, we can do that today.
First stop is the busstop. We expected the bus to come several times in an hour, but waited 40 minutes before the bus arrives.
Recently they changed the schedule, so it's not so clear to us when the busses are coming now. We thought we could go straight to the stadion, but then we found out we had to step over to anouther bus.

After 1,5 hour we finally arrived at the stadion. The stadion is old, but ok. Close to the stadion is a big shoppingmall with more then 200 shops. We really got lost there, but hey at least it's not raining inside the mall.
Back with the bus to the the hotel was even more trouble. We took the B22 to the train station and stepped out to take the b21. On the station there were like 6 different places to step on the bus, and we waited by the one that has a sign that says B21. After 10 minutes the bus came but it passed by without stopping. Seems they changed the pickup place too, but without changing the signs. We had to wait at another place. How should we know if they don't change the signs.
We were lucky that it was allready 17.00, so more busses were coming and we didn't have to wait an hour.
Glad we took the bus today, so now we know not to take the bus to go to the games next saturday.

Thursday the 5th was the next try to rent a car, but again it rained all day. And not a little bit of rain, but a lot. So again no siteseeing.
It's still not cold here, but we allready lost a couple of days now without seeing so much of Puerto Rico, and next saturday the games start. Then it will be difficult to see something of the island, because Martin wants to go to all the games.
We spent the whole day at Starbucks (they have a free internet connection). I worked on my internet site ( www.claudiavandijk.com , so I did make something positive out of a bad weather day.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb