Boqueron to Ponce


Advertisement
Puerto Rico's flag
Central America Caribbean » Puerto Rico » Ponce
January 21st 2011
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Western Shore of PRWestern Shore of PRWestern Shore of PR

A welcome sight after Mona.
After spending a pleasant evening in Boqueron, we hauled anchor a dawn and started working our way around the southwest corner of PR and heading toward Ponce. The day started calmly (as you can see by the picture of the lighthouse) and proceeded to get more robust. A stimulating passage which we were happy to end at the Ponce Yacht Club. After getting ourselves secured in a slip, we headed up to the club bar and restaurant. We met some really friendly and helpful club members who gave us some great local information on completing our trek up to Fajardo.

We finished the evening with a nicely prepared grouper filet.

Today, after Terry goes into the Customs office to purchase some sort of decal that we need, we will head up to Salinas which is only about 25 miles away. But, there are not many safe anchorages between here and Fajardo. So, this will be our staging point to the last leg of about 56 miles to Puerto Del Rey Marina. The current plan is, that Terry will have the boat hauled there and have an assessment done regarding several issues including the dinged prop. The boat yard at Del Rey is one of the largest and best equipped anywhere in the world. So, Terry wants to make sure things are taken care of there rather than waiting to get to Nanny Cay in the BVI.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lighthouse at Cab RojoLighthouse at Cab Rojo
Lighthouse at Cab Rojo

This classic lighthouse guards the extreme southwest corner of PR.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb