At Sea


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 10.8678, -79.8993

We were awake and up in time for breakfast in the dining room today for the first time. I have been anticipating having eggs Benedict, but, no, it was not on the menu. As far as I remember, eggs Benedict has been on the daily menu of every other ship we have sailed. Breakfast was still good although the waiters were rushing, and I felt a bit hurried.

We had a slow day today. We watched the old move Charlie Chan in Panama on the TV in our room. That was fun. I can't remember ever watching a Charlie Chan movie; I just remember the character from people imitating and caricaturizing him. Philip and I worked on one of the jigsaw puzzles in the library, a composite picture of neon signs of Las Vegas that was easy. We played trivia again with Dick and Sunny and Richard and Louise. “What is the capital of Monaco?” “What was the name of Shakespeare's first daughter?” “Who was the first actor to portray Dr. Who?” Pretty tough questions I think.

The ship offers a separate small hors d'oeuvres buffet for suite and Elite and Platinum Captain's Circle members that is served in the same lounge as and right after the trivia game, so we stayed for it and skipped dinner in the dining room. We had a snack in the buffet a little later, but that was enough food for today.

Quotation for today: Charlie Chan had several words of wisdom in the movie. One of his gems came when he found his son in jail arrested for being a spy since he was taking photos of the Panama locks, ships, and airplanes. “Man without relatives is man without problems.”



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb