We're here!


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.24538, -81.8702

Well, we left Panama City about 11 am yesterday, arrived here at about 6 pm. Made a few stops along the way, one stop was at a roadside bread store? That's not a real accurate description, they sold fruit drinks, and some other yummy looking things, as well as lotto type tickets. I Bought a loaf of their famous cheese bread and a loaf of crusty kalamata bread, both were great. We stopped in Santiago and bought some groceries then bought some chicken when we got to Las Lajas.
Arrived at the house and we're greeted by the caretaker for the two houses and condos that are here, a very nice gal does this and showed us the house. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, and kitchen all in a great room concept. It's very comfortable and we had fun playing 6 handed pinochle at the table last night.
2nd night in a row that we had no problems sleeping!
This morning had a leisurely cup of tea while reading my Bible on the veranda looking out over the ocean and feeling very blessed, we had a scrambled egg breakfast afterward before going out in the waves. I surprised myself by venturing out into the waves further and further, it is shallow for quite a ways, it was a blast and the water is very warm! Absolutely NOT like the Oregon coast with its frigid water that's painful to get into.
will post more later along with proof that I was in the ocean!

p.s. Jonathan, I will be posting more animal photos as we can, just saw a raccoon out the window! We love you and wish you, Orin, and Marcus were here with us having fun. Xoxox



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Dinner at Macchu Pichu restaurant near hotelDinner at Macchu Pichu restaurant near hotel
Dinner at Macchu Pichu restaurant near hotel

This was what Jim, Dan, Paul, and Barb all ordered, the "Macchu Pichu Steak with Prawns and spaghetti"
McDonalds play area along the route...McDonalds play area along the route...
McDonalds play area along the route...

This is for Jonathan and the other little guys following the blog.
Saw "mama"? Iguana hanging out hereSaw "mama"? Iguana hanging out here
Saw "mama"? Iguana hanging out here

This is next to the path as you get on the beach, an iguana calls it home, but ducked back inside as we took a photo, will keep trying to get a pic.
Papa having fun!Papa having fun!
Papa having fun!

Jonathan you'd enjoy playing in these waves!


6th April 2014

Wow! Sounds like a dream :) We can't wait for pictures. Jonathan is hoping for some local animal life photos, Turtles, fish, lizards? Glad your all safe and getting some R&R.
7th April 2014

What an amazing spot you found to enjoy each others' company! Thanks for sharing the photos and experience!
7th April 2014

It's so much fun to see these pictures! I'll be sure to show them to Micah tonight. I'm sure he'd love to see some pictures of lots of animals, and his Gram-B and Papa too, if possible. :) Have a wonderful time!
7th April 2014

Yikes! I took Spanish in high school. WARNING! Possible presence of crocodiles in the area! Jonathan got pretty excited :)
7th April 2014

Jonathan is now officially obsessed with lizards, lol. He's having me search the internet for pictures he can color and asking if he can have one as a pet instead of a dog :)
7th April 2014

Jonathan is officially obsessed with lizards now, lol. He's having me look all over the internet for pictures he can color and asking if he can have a pet lizard instead of a dog :)
7th April 2014

woops posted comment twice.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb