Happy New Year


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » David
December 31st 2015
Published: December 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Jerry and I wish all of you a Happy New Year, we miss you all.

We spent Christmas Eve walking around downtown David and stopping at our favourite bars. The merchants were still out peddling their wares passed 9:00. The streets were packed with shoppers, the kids fair was in full swing and the streets were littered with garbage. Wrapping paper, food containers, boxes and bottles were everywhere. The garbage continues to boggle our minds in a city with pick up twice a week. We headed back to our condo for a much needed swim and more Christmas cheer.

At midnight, the skies erupted with fireworks coming from every direction. This is not an organized event, everyone simply sets off fireworks at will. It could be seen in every direction even way up in the mountains. Quite entertaining really.

We had a lovely Christmas lunch at Hotel David with our Gringo friends. It was a North Anerican meal with a few Latin dishes like tomales and some ceviche. Unbelievably, there was no traffic or crowds on the streets and the garbage had been cleaned up, what a surprise.

We had a quiet week at the condo and
Birds are here mating and making nestsBirds are here mating and making nestsBirds are here mating and making nests

Don't they know it is winter?
did not venture to La Barquetta beach, it is too hot for that. Today the humidex will bring the temperature to 116 degrees Fahrenheit. We will wait until dark when it goes below 100 before we go downtown to see what locals do on New Years Eve.

Have a healthy and safe New Year everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb