update


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Chiriquí » David
November 4th 2010
Published: November 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

slippy waterfall?slippy waterfall?slippy waterfall?

nick took a big fall and i managed to grab him... just in time for the timed camera to go off
Date: 4th november .
so where do i start? so much has happened since last week but ill try and mention the best bits!
we went out for haloween to a local bar with a group of guys from the hostel in panama city. The drinks were about $1 each so we took full advantage and got stuck in! the bar was full of locals and as the only ''gringos'' we got a few looks but all friendly. The next day we met an Irish guy called Eric who just seemed to make friends on every road he walked, he took us around panama city were we found a hill with a view of the city, canal and bridge all at once. this was amazing, however, we decided we'd done enough site seeing for the day and went to the only place we felt we could relax......Hooters bar!
Since, we moved onto Santa Catalina which is meant to have the best surf in panama....well....it was more like Caswell on a bad day. The next day we took advice from an american guy we'd met and set on our way to a 'jungle paradise' called Santa Fe. The bus took longer than expected so our american friend soon took the role of our local guide, and guess his name...Eric...again! He took us to this 'hostel' wich was basically a family home. we were offered to go out for a drink with a dodgey looking guy who had once lived in Pontyprydd but a national holiday meant the party only started after midnight...if you'd seen this town you wouldnt of fancied it either! Anyway we watched dodgeball then hit the hay! At midnight the party really did begin, lucky for us the man living opposite literally hired the town marching band to play outside the house!! aparently thats being patriotic? it felt like they were using my head as the drum. dont fear though, the cockrell farm and stray dogs joined in to help drown it out! Strangest night sleep yet!
Now, were in the jungle and its not far off paradise. Il try and post a photo of me and nick at a waterfall where nick falls flat on his arse and the timed camera catches it!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb